Former Villa of Fumimaro Konoe (Ichimura Memorial Hall)


The memorial building was built in the Taisho era (1912-1926) by Amerika-ya, a Western-style house building company, and was purchased by Fumimaro Konoe from Genjiro Nozawa as his villa in 1926. In 1932, Ichimura Imachizo, a political scientist and friend of Konoe, purchased the house, and it was moved to Minamihara the following year. Later, in 1997, it was moved to its current location, at the east end of Amamiya Pond, and was donated to the town by the bereaved family of the Ichimura family.
 The exhibit includes materials on Fumimaro Konoe, Imachizo Ichimura and his wife Kiyoji and Keijiro Amamiya, who were instrumental in the development of Minamihara as a vacation home and became honorary townspeople.

As of May 24, 2008, it was designated as a Karuizawa Town Cultural Property (Designation No. 19).

The painting of some exterior walls was changed during seismic reinforcement and other work in FY 2009, restoring the appearance of the building to its original state at the time of the Nanbara relocation.

admission fee
Adults 400 yen (group 300 yen)
Children 200 yen (group 150 yen)
(Shared with the museum. Groups must be at least 20 people.)
*Free for infants and toddlers
*Persons with a Physical Disability Certificate, Rehabilitation Certificate, or Mental Disability Certificate and one accompanying caregiver may enter free of charge upon presentation of the Certificate.


Former Villa of Fumimaro Konoe (Ichimura Memorial Hall)

Address 2112-21 Nagakura, Karuizawa-cho, Kitasaku-gun
TEL 0267-46-6103
Business Hours 9:00 - 17:00 (Admission until 16:30)
Regular closing day Mondays (open if Monday is a national holiday) *Open all year round from July 15 to October 31
Closed for winter from November 16 to March 31 of the following year.
Related Sites

Model Course

Pickup Site